Identifing the appropriate license
The icon and text at the bottom of page identify the primary license for that page. For each standalone article/post there should also be an "Info" selection at the beginning of the article that when expanded will give more details.
The majority of the orginal text, graphics, music and other media on this site, with the exception of the services and documents outlined below, are released under CC BY-SA 4.0. The source files to generate this site with nanoc are at https://whk.name/repos/websites/whk.name/
https://whk.name/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at https://whk.name/about/licensing.
- GNU AGPL 3.0+
The majority of original code on this site is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
- CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication
Selected code samples/demos are released under the Creative Common's CC0 1.0 Public Domain Dedication
To the extent possible under law, whk (https://whk.name/about/me) has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to these code samples
In particular code under the following urls
Third party code
Third party code used to either generate or run this site is available under the following licenses
- Remy Sharp's MIT License
- Polymer BSD 3-Clause License
Most of the WebComponent Polyfills, Polymer WebComponents, and Bower management software located under https://whk.name/assets/webcomponents/bower_components/ are licensed under a BSD 3-Clause Style License with the following notice. Check the metadata.html in each component for specifics
- Copyright (c) 2014 The Polymer Project Authors. All rights reserved.
- This code may only be used under the BSD style license found at http://polymer.github.io/LICENSE.txt
- The complete set of authors may be found at http://polymer.github.io/AUTHORS.txt
- The complete set of contributors may be found at http://polymer.github.io/CONTRIBUTORS.txt
- Code distributed by Google as part of the polymer project is also subject to an additional IP rights grant found at http://polymer.github.io/PATENTS.txt
In general usage of 3rd Party Trademarks on this site are to:2
Grant credit as required under various software and Creative Commons Licenses
To identify a specific service or piece of software when used in a configuration
For commentary, critisism and news reporting
None of the usages imply endorsement, direction or management by the Trademark holder unless specifically identified
Specific trademarks that are used in multiple places on this site include:
Gentoo™ is a trademark of Gentoo Foundation, Inc. Usage on this site is to grant credit when a Gentoo project resource is used and is used per permissions granted at https://www.gentoo.org/inside-gentoo/foundation/name-logo-guidelines.html3. No original content of this site is part of the Gentoo project nor is directed or managed by Gentoo Foundation, Inc.
Google™ is a trademark of Google Inc. It usage is not intended to convey that any original content of this site is endorsed or promoted by Google.
®, Open Source Initiative® and OSI® are registered trademarks of the Open Source Initiative and used per the guidelines at http://opensource.org/trademark-guidelines4 and http://opensource.org/logo-usage-guidelines5
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
All content (regardless of license) on this site is provided with the following "Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitiation of Liability"7
- Unless otherwise separately undertaken by the Licensor, to the extent possible, the Licensor offers the Licensed Material as-is and as-available, and makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the Licensed Material, whether express, implied, statutory, or other. This includes, without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, absence of latent or other defects, accuracy, or the presence or absence of errors, whether or not known or discoverable. Where disclaimers of warranties are not allowed in full or in part, this disclaimer may not apply to You.
- To the extent possible, in no event will the Licensor be liable to You on any legal theory (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise for any direct, special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary, or other losses, costs, expenses, or damages arising out of this Public License or use of the Licensed Material, even if the Licensor has been advised of the possibility of such losses, costs, expenses, or damages. Where a limitation of liability is not allowed in full or in part, this limitation may not apply to You.
- The disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability provided above shall be interpreted in a manner that, to the extent possible, most closely approximates an absolute disclaimer and waiver of all liability.
“Chicago-Annotated-Bibliography,” May 6, 2014. https://www.zotero.org/styles/chicago-annotated-bibliography.
Creative Commons. “Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International — CC BY-SA 4.0.” Accessed February 28, 2015. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode.
———. “Policies - Creative Commons.” Accessed May 17, 2015. https://creativecommons.org/policies.
Digital Media Law Project. “Using the Trademarks of Others | Digital Media Law Project.” Accessed May 17, 2015. http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/using-trademarks-others.
Gentoo Project. “Gentoo Name and Logo Usage Guidelines – Gentoo Linux.” Accessed May 17, 2015. https://www.gentoo.org/inside-gentoo/foundation/name-logo-guidelines.html.
Open Source Initiative. “Logo Usage Guidelines | Open Source Initiative.” Accessed May 17, 2015. http://opensource.org/logo-usage-guidelines.
———. “OSI Trademark Guidelines | Open Source Initiative.” Accessed May 17, 2015. http://opensource.org/trademark-guidelines.
Digital Media Law Project, “Using the Trademarks of Others | Digital Media Law Project.” ↩
Gentoo Project, “Gentoo Name and Logo Usage Guidelines – Gentoo Linux.” ↩
Open Source Initiative, “OSI Trademark Guidelines | Open Source Initiative.” ↩
Open Source Initiative, “Logo Usage Guidelines | Open Source Initiative.” ↩
Creative Commons, “Policies - Creative Commons.” ↩
Creative Commons, “Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International — CC BY-SA 4.0” Section 5. ↩